Monday, June 29, 2009

The Dog Bed Game






Where does your dog sleep? Does he have a dog bed? What kind of dog bed does he have? Sorry, too many questions.... But it is very important to have a place for your dog to sleep and he should have his own dog bed. There are so many to choose from and it will depend largely on where he/she will be sleeping.

Again, I am no expert but, currently I have 2 German Wirehaired Pointers (which I adore) and I can only tell you what has worked for me.

Now some people won't allow their dogs in the house. Personally I can't imagine having a dog and keeping it tied up outside. It breaks my heart to see how some animals are treated. I know they are only dogs but dogs have feelings and I know that they can feel sadness. I just have to look at the eyes of my boys when I tell them "you have to stay home" you would think that they are going to cry but when I get home....well, smiles on their faces and their eyes light up. So you just can't tell me that dogs don't have some of the emotions of we humans. But I have lost focus and should get back to the dog beds.

As for our house, even though we have a larger breed of dog, our dogs are house dogs and they sleep in dog beds. Well, at least most of the time! There are a lot of different kinds of dog beds and you will have to decide on your prefered style. I don't really think it matters what kind of bed you choose what is important is that your beloved animal have a place of his own. The dog bed will be a place he retreats to when he wants to be alone or needs a nap. When you first bring your puppy home and you use a kennel or crate you will need a dog bed inside the kennel.

Here are some suggestions.

#1 - Coolaroo Steel Pet Bed - Now this dog bed is built on a steel frame with a material mat to sleep on. It looks like an Army cot but in much prettier colors.
The advantages of this dog bed are the facts that it is easy to clean and the air circulates for cooler sleeping.Coolaroo Steel Pet Bed with Knitted Fabric

#2 - Midwest Quiet Time Pet Bed - Now this is a furry dog bed which works well in any corner of the room, it has sides which our dogs like. Some of the advantages of this bed is the fact that it is easy to move from room to room and it fits inside your kennel.Midwest Quiet Time Pet Bed

#3 - Solvit Deluxe Bench Seat Cover - Now this isn't a dog bed unless your dog sleeps in the car. This is a cover for your car or truck seat when bringing your best friend for a ride. This is a great cover to have. It is easy to clean, easy to install and best of all it gives your dog a little security because it doesn't slide around on the seat.Solvit Deluxe Bench Seat Cover


As for my dogs we have all of the above items at our house. Now Jack sneaks away in the middle of the day where his prefered resting place is my bed! I've allowed this to happen since he was a pup but if you don't want your dog to make your bed his dog bed keep him off when he is a puppy. Oh, and by the way our dogs, Jack and Joe, sleep in our bedroom at night but they are on their dog beds.

I guess the important thing is that you love your dog and it really doesn't matter where he sleeps, if it is on the floor, on a rug or in a dog bed. But, I can guarantee that he will want to be near you if he can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment